Camp Splinter "Wish List"
1. Put new sump for sink outside and drain wet weather spring away from building.
3. Find a stone mason to repair the fireplace.
4. Find money to put liner in chimney and possibly insert to provide more heat. Eventually get a liner for old stove chimney in kitchen as well.
5. Get rid of beds and mattresses in lodge and replace with ????? Bunk beds? Any ideas would be appreciated.
6. Repair windows, replace broken panes, and trim out inside.
7. Install drop-in range and rework kitchen adding cabinets and storage. (We are presently working on this project)
1. Cabin is presently closed and electricity turned off. It has been stripped out completely and junk hauled away.
3. We will be putting water into the cabin since there is a septic system already there and fix it up to rent in addition to the Lodge.
4. We will need a stove and refrigerator for the cabin.
(We have received a grant from the Collins Companies to work on the cabin. We have hired electricians who have wired the cabin. Now we have to wait for MonPower to get our power hooked up.)
Long Term Goals for 2013 and Beyond:
Stain Lodge and cabin and paint window frames outside.
Bathhouse with six showers and sinks (3 for men - 3 for women
Handicapped accessible sleeper cabin with another toilet close by that is also handicapped accessible. This would be in addition to what we already have.
Another sleeper cabin.
Camp Splinter is used by a conditional use permit with the US Forest Service, Gauley Range District of the Monongahela National Forest. We are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, tax exempt organization and donations are tax deductible.
Officers are: Pesident, Sten Olsen
Vice Pesident, Haymond Holcomb
Secretary/Treasurer, Nancy Leffingwell